Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Apply now to be a DFL48 District Director
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in News
DFL 48 Senate District Officer positions have a term of office of 2 years. The Senate District Central Committee meets monthly, on the second Thursday of the month at the Glen Lake Community Center at 7:00 PM. The Chair and Vice Chair become automatic members of the DFL State Central Committee which meets quarterly on Saturdays for most of the day at various locations across Minnesota. Please see detailed position descriptions on page 3 of this document for more information.
- To be considered for any of the available positions, please complete this form by April 15, 2017.
- Interviews with the Nominations Committee will be scheduled for Thursday evening, April 20th, and if necessary, Sunday, April 23 afternoon at the Minnetonka Community Center (in the “Burwell Room”, 14600 Minnetonka Blvd, Minnetonka, MN 55345). Please go to this link to schedule a time and date that works best for you.
- You must then attend the Senate District 48 DFL Convention on Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 10:00 AM and stand for election.
- Please feel free to contact Stefan Peterson (952-270-1114) or Pat Lind (952-949-2911) if you have any questions about the positions or process.
Chose a time to have a 20 minute interview with the Nominations Committee on Thursday eventing, April 20th or Sunday, April 23 afternoon if necessary. Click on this link to schedule a time and date that works best for you.
Descriptions of Available Positions
Senate District Chair
- Manages the Senate District
- Serves as the public face of the Senate District
- Serves as liaison for endorsed legislative candidates to aid their campaigns
- Sets up precinct caucuses and conventions
- Attends meetings of the State and 3rd Congressional District Central Committees
Senate District Vice Chair
- Must be of the opposite gender from the Chair
- Presides at the Senate District Central and Executive Committee meetings in the absence of the Chair
- Attends the meetings of the State Central Committee
- Other duties include assisting the Chair in the discharge of his/her duties.
- Preserves the minutes and attendance records of all Senate District Executive and Central Committee meetings.
- Notifies members of the Executive and Central Committees of meetings.
- Performs all other duties of this office, including but not limited to: mailings, communication with Senate District members and state organizations, maintaining databases and other records.
- Is in charge of the organization’s funds
- Completes and files all Minnesota Campaign Finance Board reports for the district
- Issues campaign refund forms
- Maintains the Senate District checkbook
- Prepares the budget and reports on the district’s financial status to the entire Central Committee
- Receives funds, pays bills and writes thank you notes to donors.
- The Outreach Officer is responsible for outreach to underrepresented groups within our Senate District, encouraging members of these groups to participate in the political process, register to vote and vote on Election Day.