CONTRIBUTE! VOLUNTEER! CONTACT US!
Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
* News *
DFL 48 Senate District Officer positions have a term of office of 2 years. The Senate District Central Committee meets monthly, on the second Thursday of the month at the Glen Lake Community Center at 7:00 PM. The Chair and Vice Chair become automatic members of the DFL State Central Committee which meets quarterly on Saturdays for most of the day at various locations across Minnesota. Please see detailed position descriptions on page 3 of this document for more information.
Application Process: (more…)
Hold your elected officials responsible for their positions, votes, etc. Here are some links to help you:
Contact Pres. Donald Trump here.
Contact U.S. Rep. Eric Paulsen:
Call Representative Erik Paulsen at (202) 225-2871. Demand he support the release of Trump’s taxes. Here is a sample script:
Hi, my name is YOUR NAME from 55344 in EDEN PRAIRIE. I support the release of Pres. Trump’s taxes. Americans need to have the confidence that our elected officials are working in our best interests and not in their own self-serving interests – or worse – for a foreign power.
|Contact||127 Cannon House Office Building
D.C. office: (202) 225-2871
local office: (952) 405-8510
Contact your awesome Senators here.
Sample script: Hi, I’m (say your name) from (say from where you’re calling). I am one of the many grassroots activists that stands opposed to Donald Trump’s spiteful, mean-spirited agenda. I am deeply concerned about Trump’s nominee for Supreme Court. Democrats cannot allow him to shape this country’s policy for the next few decades. Can I count on you to publicly oppose and filibuster Neil Gorsuch?
Please thank them for their opposition to DeVos and ask them to show this same resistance to Trump’s other nominees:
Sample script: Hi, I’m (say your name) from (say from where you’re calling). I am one of many voters in Minnesota opposed to Donald Trump’s spiteful, mean-spirited agenda. I want to thank Sen. Franken and Klobuchar for their opposition to Betsy DeVos and I hope that they will fight just as hard against ____fill in the horrible candidate’s name here___. Thank you.
Looking for a great way to get active and stay informed locally?
The CD3 website has an Action Alert page with many ways you can make a difference!
DFL Party Chair Ken Martin and Tim O’Brien take measure of the general election, the Republican control of the Minnesota Legislature and the future for Democrats. Martin is standing for another term as head of the State DFL. (full discussion, recorded on January 5, 2017)
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief
In the Know
11 days until Election Day, Nov. 8
Events this Weekend
- October 28 – GOTV Event with Congressman Rick Nolan and Special Guest Vice President Biden, University of Minnesota-Duluth, Sports and Health Center, Romano Gym, 1216 Ordean Court, doors open at 10 AM.https://www.dfl.org/duluth/
- October 28 – The DFL Forum with special guest Chris Coleman, Envision Events Center (formerly Prom Events Center) located at 484 Inwood Ave N, Saint Paul, MN 55128. Plan to arrive by 11:45 to sign-in. Lunch will be served at 12 noon. The cost of the luncheon is $20. Payment can be cash or checks made out the DFL Forum and paid when you sign-in. In order to properly plan for this meeting, you must register with Hank Fischer as soon as possible but no later than five days before the scheduled forum. You can register by emailing Hank at email@example.com or call him at home at 651-433-5952.
- October 30, 2016, Royal Cliff Banquet Center, 2280 Cliff Road, Eagan, Mn 55122. Registration begins at 3 p.m. Program including Governor Mark Dayton, Minority Leader Paul Thissen and others begins at 4 p.m. Dinner buffet begins at 5:30 p.m. Suggested donation: $25, adult refreshments on your own. Contact Roger Gehrke at: 952-412-7171 or roger firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 30 – State Auditor Rebecca Otto fall hayride & potluck feat. the DFL Environmental Caucus. Come see & learn about solar power, wind power, electric cars, geothermal heating, tour a renewable energy home. Enjoy hot cider, fellowship & hay rides and sign up to door knock with Rebecca for legislative candidates. 2-5 Oct 30 rain or shine, Otto home. Register & more info at http://rebeccaotto.com/hayride
Mark your calendars
- October 31 – Trick or Treat at the Governor’s Residence (1006 Summit Avenue, St. Paul). The gates of the Governor’s Residence will be open from 5:00–7:00pm.
- Nov. 8 – Election night party for SD54 will be hosted at River Oaks Country Club, 11099 highway 61 Cottage Grove
- Nov. 8 – In Rochester, SD26, Olmsted 25 and SD25 are hosting an Election Night Party at the Eagles Club, 917 15th Ave SE. Cash Bar/food. 8 p to closing.
- Nov. 8 – DFL Election Night Party, 8pm-2am, Minneapolis Hilton Grand Ballroom, 1001 Marquette Avenue S., Minneapolis.
- Nov. 9 – South Hennepin DFL Senior Caucus Meeting, Nicollet Diner on 15th and Nicollet, 12 – 2:20 PM
- Nov. 19 – 2nd annual CD6 Unity Dinner with special guest Keith Ellison, Teamsters 120 Hall, 9422 Ulysses St NE, Ste 120, Blaine, for more information follow this link.
The first 100 days: What Clinton and Trump want to get done, MPR
Clinton doubles Trump’s October fundraising and has dominant war chest in race’s final days, Washington Post
Minnesota Poll: 54% fault Clinton over her use of private e-mail server, Star Tribune
Clinton’s new enemy: Complacency, The Hill
Some Trump supporters warn of revolution if Clinton wins, Star Tribune
Trump losing cash race in final week, The Hill
Pence: ‘There are many instances’ of voter fraud, The Hill
Trump: ‘We should just cancel the election and give it to Trump’, The Hill
Editorial Board endorsement: Tim Walz is clear choice in First District, Star Tribune
Editorial Board endorsement: Angie Craig is best fit for Second District, Star Tribune
2nd Congressional District Q&A: Angie Craig (DFL), Prior Lake American
2nd Congressional District Q&A: Jason Lewis (GOP), Prior Lake American
Candidate Q&A: U.S. Congressional District 3 Candidate Terri Bonoff, Eden Prairie News