CONTRIBUTE! VOLUNTEER! CONTACT US!
Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Looking for a great way to get active and stay informed locally?
The CD3 website has an Action Alert page with many ways you can make a difference!
DFL Party Chair Ken Martin and Tim O’Brien take measure of the general election, the Republican control of the Minnesota Legislature and the future for Democrats. Martin is standing for another term as head of the State DFL. (full discussion, recorded on January 5, 2017)
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Laurie Pryor
The StarTribune Editorial Board has endorsed Laurie Pryor for the HD48A seat, posting the following on their website November 1, 2016:
When state Rep. Yvonne Selcer unexpectedly announced in April that she would not seek a third term in her Minnetonka-Eden Prairie district, Laurie Pryor realized that she was well-suited to run in her stead. As a retired communications and management consultant and 27-year resident of the district, Pryor is well-versed in state and local issues. As a DFL activist, she had already doorknocked the district many times.
We share Pryor’s self-assessment. She’s a strong candidate who deserves election over Republican Mary Shapiro, who recently retired after 35 years teaching in the Minneapolis Public Schools.
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Steve Cwodzinski
The StarTribune has endorsed Steve Cwodzinski for the SD48 seat in an endorsement appearing on their website October 31, 2016, and in print November 1, 2016:
Senate GOP Minority Leader David Hann is in the toughest re-election fight of his 14-year legislative career for two good reasons. One: Hann’s positions on issues — particularly on Southwest light rail — are out of sync with those of many residents in his Eden Prairie district. And two: He has an uncommonly appealing opponent in DFLer Steve Cwodzinski.
Our nod goes to challenger Cwodzinski, a recently retired government teacher at Eden Prairie High School. Hann’s dedication to public service and his willingness to shoulder leadership responsibilities for his caucus in the past four years are admirable. But Eden Prairie would be well-served by the passion for public problem-solving that Cwodzinski would bring to the Legislature.
Cwodzinski reminded us of another educator who took on an entrenched Republican incumbent. Like the late U.S. Sen. Paul Wellstone, Cwodzinski, 58, exudes infectious enthusiasm for democracy and optimism about its potential to make lives better. (more…)
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief
In the Know
11 days until Election Day, Nov. 8
Events this Weekend
- October 28 – GOTV Event with Congressman Rick Nolan and Special Guest Vice President Biden, University of Minnesota-Duluth, Sports and Health Center, Romano Gym, 1216 Ordean Court, doors open at 10 AM.https://www.dfl.org/duluth/
- October 28 – The DFL Forum with special guest Chris Coleman, Envision Events Center (formerly Prom Events Center) located at 484 Inwood Ave N, Saint Paul, MN 55128. Plan to arrive by 11:45 to sign-in. Lunch will be served at 12 noon. The cost of the luncheon is $20. Payment can be cash or checks made out the DFL Forum and paid when you sign-in. In order to properly plan for this meeting, you must register with Hank Fischer as soon as possible but no later than five days before the scheduled forum. You can register by emailing Hank at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at home at 651-433-5952.
- October 30, 2016, Royal Cliff Banquet Center, 2280 Cliff Road, Eagan, Mn 55122. Registration begins at 3 p.m. Program including Governor Mark Dayton, Minority Leader Paul Thissen and others begins at 4 p.m. Dinner buffet begins at 5:30 p.m. Suggested donation: $25, adult refreshments on your own. Contact Roger Gehrke at: 952-412-7171 or roger email@example.com
- October 30 – State Auditor Rebecca Otto fall hayride & potluck feat. the DFL Environmental Caucus. Come see & learn about solar power, wind power, electric cars, geothermal heating, tour a renewable energy home. Enjoy hot cider, fellowship & hay rides and sign up to door knock with Rebecca for legislative candidates. 2-5 Oct 30 rain or shine, Otto home. Register & more info at http://rebeccaotto.com/hayride
Mark your calendars
- October 31 – Trick or Treat at the Governor’s Residence (1006 Summit Avenue, St. Paul). The gates of the Governor’s Residence will be open from 5:00–7:00pm.
- Nov. 8 – Election night party for SD54 will be hosted at River Oaks Country Club, 11099 highway 61 Cottage Grove
- Nov. 8 – In Rochester, SD26, Olmsted 25 and SD25 are hosting an Election Night Party at the Eagles Club, 917 15th Ave SE. Cash Bar/food. 8 p to closing.
- Nov. 8 – DFL Election Night Party, 8pm-2am, Minneapolis Hilton Grand Ballroom, 1001 Marquette Avenue S., Minneapolis.
- Nov. 9 – South Hennepin DFL Senior Caucus Meeting, Nicollet Diner on 15th and Nicollet, 12 – 2:20 PM
- Nov. 19 – 2nd annual CD6 Unity Dinner with special guest Keith Ellison, Teamsters 120 Hall, 9422 Ulysses St NE, Ste 120, Blaine, for more information follow this link.
The first 100 days: What Clinton and Trump want to get done, MPR
Clinton doubles Trump’s October fundraising and has dominant war chest in race’s final days, Washington Post
Minnesota Poll: 54% fault Clinton over her use of private e-mail server, Star Tribune
Clinton’s new enemy: Complacency, The Hill
Some Trump supporters warn of revolution if Clinton wins, Star Tribune
Trump losing cash race in final week, The Hill
Pence: ‘There are many instances’ of voter fraud, The Hill
Trump: ‘We should just cancel the election and give it to Trump’, The Hill
Editorial Board endorsement: Tim Walz is clear choice in First District, Star Tribune
Editorial Board endorsement: Angie Craig is best fit for Second District, Star Tribune
2nd Congressional District Q&A: Angie Craig (DFL), Prior Lake American
2nd Congressional District Q&A: Jason Lewis (GOP), Prior Lake American
Candidate Q&A: U.S. Congressional District 3 Candidate Terri Bonoff, Eden Prairie News