CONTRIBUTE! VOLUNTEER! CONTACT US!
Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
You may vote early by “no-excuse” absentee ballot starting September 23rd till election day, November 8th.
Here are options to vote early:
Learn More About our DFL Senate District 48 Endorsed Candidates
You can register to vote online, by mail, or in person with your local election official OR at the polls on Election Day.
Once you register, you can check your status using the state’s online Voter Status search.
You can register to vote online using the MN Secretary of State’s Online Voter Registration Application.
To register by mail, download and complete the Minnesota Voter Registration Application.
The form is designed so that when you fold it, the return address is already printed for you.
NOTE: Visit the state’s Voter Registration Applications section if you need another a special version of the form (e.g., a large print version or one in another language).
If you register on Election Day, you must bring the required identification documents listed below under Required Identification for MN Elections.
Thanks for visiting our site. Senate District 48 DFL includes Southern Minnetonka and the majority of Eden Prairie. We bring together two vibrant communities with a diverse population. We believe it’s a great area to live and raise a family.
We also believe, as Sen. Wellstone said, “As free citizens in a political democracy we have a responsibility to be interested and involved in the affairs of the human community.” If you’re interested in learning more about what we believe and are doing, please visit our site often. If you’d like to get involved in moving our communities, state and country forward to a progressive future, please contact us. There are lots of ways you can get involved. Hope to see you soon!
We’re offering you cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
So, you get quality gardening goods. We can support Democrats. So, make your purchase now. We’ll get your plant cards to you asap.
Both are full-service nurseries with all your gardening and lawn supply needs. Stock up for spring now! (more…)
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Steve Cwodzinski
Steve Cwodzinski has been a 30-year community advocate, and now is our DFL-endorsed candidate for State Senate 48 running against Minority Leader David Hann. We’re honored to announce he has earned endorsements from four prominent local officials. While local endorsements are not uncommon in elections, Steve has recently earned the endorsement of Eden Prairie Mayor Nancy Tyra-Lukens.
In addition to Mayor Nancy Tyra-Lukens, Cwodzinski received endorsements from:
- Minnetonka Mayor Terry Schneider
- Eden Prairie City Councilor Ron Case, and
- Minnetonka City Council Member Bob Ellingson.
The latest round of endorsements adds more momentum to Cwodzinski’s vibrant campaign. The first-time candidate has earned dozens of endorsements from current and former elected officials and community organizations.
Steve is committed to ensuring that Minnesota continues to lead the nation in job growth and quality of living.
“Steve is committed to ensuring that Minnesota continues to lead the nation in job growth and quality of living. He is a unique candidate that understands both education and our community. That’s why I’m finally endorsing a candidate for State Senate in 48. I don’t believe in endorsing candidates because I can, I endorse the candidates that I know will do the best for our community”, said Mayor Terry Schneider.
To stay up-to-date on what’s happening with Steve’s campaign, please visit his website. There, you can check out upcoming events, keep up on his endorsements, volunteer and make a secure online contribution. And, like his Facebook page here.
And, please vote for Steve November 8 or when you early vote at City Hall.
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief
In the Know
Sept. 26, 2016
43 days until Election Day, Nov. 8
- Sept 26th – 7pm Scott Dibble and Frank Hornstein Debate Watch Party and Fundraiser RSVP at this link
- Sept 26 – Free showing of Trump Clinton Debate at the Riverview theater, doors open at 6:30, 3800 42nd Ave. S., Minneapolis.
Mark your calendars
- Oct. 13 – DFL East Metro Senior Caucus Meeting, 11:30 AM, Sgt. Pepper’s Bar and Grill, 930 Helena Ave North, Oakdale.
- Nov. 8 – DFL Election Night Party, 8pm-2am, Minneapolis Hilton Grand Ballroom, 1001 Marquette Avenue S., Minneapolis.
- Sept. 27 – 1st Biannual Watonwan County DFL Fundraiser and Lifetime Award Achievement Dinner with Special Guest Minority Leader Thissen, $20.00 person or buy ten get one free, 5:30 – 9:00 PM, The American Legion 620 1st Ave S St James, MN 56081.
- Sept. 28 – SD 8 Fall Fundraiser with door prizes and a silent auction, Social Hour, 6:30 Chicken and Ribs Buffet Dinner, The Peak Supper Club, 43517 County Hwy 38, Clitherall, RSVP for dinner and/or auction items to: LaRon Adkins: 218-864-0923, or madkins @arvig.net , Beth Jansen 320-763-7831, or email@example.com
- Sept. 28 – African American DFL caucus is hosting a fundraiser, 6 – 8 PM, Westside Flats, 85 Wabasha St, Saint Paul, MN, he details are also in this Facebook event Building Tomorrow For Today’s Youth.
- Oct. 1 – Renville County DFL Annual Best Hotdish Supper, 5:30 p.m. at The Masters, CCOC, in Olivia, MN with Sen. Lyle Koenen and Andrew Falk, candidate for Representative from SD17, as well as candidates James Kanne and Austin Grossenburg from SD16.
- Oct. 8 – Meeker/Cokato DFL Fundraiser and Hot Dish Contest featuring Secretary of State Steve Simon, 5 p.m.Saturday, October 8 at the Darwin Rod and Gun Club (1 mile east of Darwin on State Hwy 12)
- October 8 at the Darwin Rod and Gun Club (1 mile east of Darwin on State Hwy 12)
- Oct. 16 – 2nd Annual Jim Oberstar CD8 Dinner with special guest Rick Nolan, Happy Hour starts at 4:30, please RSVP by October 1st to Justin Perpich at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218-355-0738, Duluth Holiday Inn 200 W 1st St, Duluth.
- Oct. 16 – 2nd Annual FDR Day DFL Dinner, Keynote Speaker: US Rep Keith Ellison. For More information, go to this link https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/fdrdinner2016?refcode=sd26site
- Nov. 19 – 2nd annual CD6 Unity Dinner, Teamsters 120 Hall, 9422 Ulysses St NE, Ste 120, Blaine, for more information follow this link.
4 things to watch at the first presidential debate, MPR
Rep. Keith Ellison, former Bernie supporter, to spin for Clinton at debate, Star Tribune
As Clinton focuses on debate, Trump says he’d champion women, AP
Debate Night: Clinton, Trump set for high-stakes showdown, Star Tribune
Trump vs. Clinton: Debate of the century gets wilder, The Hill
Frenzy builds for epic debate, The Hill
Aide: ‘Unfair’ for Clinton to be ‘traffic cop’ during debate, The Hill
2008 Crisis Deepened the Ties Between Clintons and Goldman Sachs, NY Times
Scope of Trump’s falsehoods unprecedented for a modern presidential candidate, LA Times
Trump says he hopes foundation is following laws, The Hill
Civil rights museum denies Trump visit request, The Hill
Conway on Trump’s plan to defeat ISIS: ‘I’ve heard it’, The Hill
With no signs, Trump supporters get creative, Rochester Post Bulletin
Early absentee voting off to strong start in Minnesota, KARE 11
Why wait for Election Day? Voting underway in Minnesota, Star Tribune
Both parties hope to boost turnout as early voting begins in Minn., Star Tribune
Wooed by convenience and campaigns, Minnesotans are already voting, Pioneer Press
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Issues
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Events
Please join us for lively conversation, refreshments & food
Along with our hosts
Shanti Shah & Stefan Peterson, Cheryl Poling, Sally Burns
Norb & Pat Gernes, Sharon & Carl Borine
For a Fundraiser to Support
DFL Senate District 48 Candidates
Wednesday, September 14, 7 – 9 PM
at the home of
Shanti Shah & Stefan Peterson
6311 Country Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55346
Come for refreshments, Indian tea and yummy Indian food and meet our candidates. Get to know them, ask questions, and support them. Your contribution will help them succeed.
Suggested Contribution Levels:
Supporter: $25 ~ Benefactor: $50 ~ Sponsor: $100
Please RSVP to Shanti Shah at (952)334-0836 or email@example.com