Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Daily Brief: Wednesday, June 3rd, 2015
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief, News
In the Know
June 3, 2015
- 10 a.m. – Gov. Dayton will convene meetings of the Executive Council, State Board of Investment, and Land Exchange Board.
- 11:30 a.m. – DFL Chairman Ken Martin and GOP Chairman Keith Downey speak to the Municipal Legislative Commission, Woodbury.
- Noon – Lt. Gov. Smith will provide remarks at the Metropolitan Economic Development Association Annual Awards Luncheon. Minneapolis Hilton Hotel, 1001 S Marquette Ave., Minneapolis.
Constituency Caucus meetings
- June 6 – The Senior DFL Caucus will hold its annual meeting at the Sheet Metal Workers Local #10, 1681 East Cope Avenue 55109, Maplewood.
Save the date!
- June 7 – Senate District 42 hosts “Pints and Politics,” 6 p.m., Hampton Inn, 1000 Gramsie Rd, Shoreview.
- June 14 – DFL Women’s Hall of Fame, 11 a.m., Doubletree Bloomington, tickets available here.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
Minnesota: A billion to the good, with restraint, Pioneer Press
2015 special session
Timing of special session uncertain as details of Dayton-Daudt budget deal still fuzzy, Star Tribune
Before special session, a few details remain, MPR
Rachel Stassen-Berger: Special session add ons? They deserve a simple ‘no,’ Pioneer Press
Leaders work to ‘button up’ budget bills for special session, Pioneer Press
State budget deal imminent, KARE
Makeshift House, Senate chambers awaits special session, KSTP
Guest editorial: A ‘do-over’ chance for rural Minnesota, Echo Press
Candidates declare plans for 2016 legislative races, St. Cloud Times
Jeb Bush 101, MinnPost
Bird flu takes center stage at congressional hearing, Star Tribune
The inside story of how the Clintons built a $2 billion global empire, The Washington Post
Why it’s hard to be a moderate in Congress, MPR
Minnesota colleges must meet higher standards to receive full funding, Duluth News Tribune
Pollution agency oversight board may be out in budget deal, WCCO
Governor’s Residence open for tours on six days this summer, MinnPost
This day in history
Senate passes Franken-backed bill reforming NSA surveillance, MinnPost
Before Rolling Stones concert, Mick Jagger tours the Twin Cities, Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal
Mick Jagger stops in Mpls. book store, KARE
Minneapolis choir will join Rolling Stones on stage, KSTP
Local choir set to rock with the Rolling Stones, Fox 9
Secretary of State talks business streamlining with Waseca Chamber, Waseca County News
State official puts spotlight on Safe at Home program, Rochester Post Bulletin
MN Secretary of State sops at CADA for feedback, KEYC
Why Minnesota needs an Office of the State Auditor, Star Tribune
Fight over state auditor’s job snarls Minnesota budget deal, MPR
State Auditor Otto to Legislature: Don’t let private firms do my work, WCCO
‘Safe at Home’ helps victims hide from abusers, Mankato Free Press
LIKE the Minnesota DFL on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/MinnesotaDFL
Follow @MinnesotaDFL on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/MinnesotaDFL
On INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/minnesotadfl
daily brief · issues · news
<< Legislation to ‘gut’ State Auditor office was a 3 am bait-and-switch