Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Daily Brief: Thursday, June 4th, 2015
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief, News
In the Know
June 4, 2015
- 2 p.m. – Lt. Gov. Tina Smith will present the 2015 Governor’s International Trade Awards.
Constituency Caucus meetings
- June 6 – The Senior DFL Caucus will hold its annual meeting at the Sheet Metal Workers Local #10, 1681 East Cope Avenue 55109, Maplewood.
- June 9 – The June meeting of the North Metro Chapter of the DFL Senior Caucus will be held at the Little Venetian Inn in Little Canada at 11:30 a.m.
- June 20 – The June meeting of the African-American Caucus will be held at Pierre Bottineau Library, 55 Broadway St. NE, Minneapolis at 10 a.m.
Save the date!
- June 7 – Senate District 42 hosts “Pints and Politics,” 6 p.m., Hampton Inn, 1000 Gramsie Rd, Shoreview.
- June 14 – DFL Women’s Hall of Fame, 11 a.m., Doubletree Bloomington, tickets available here.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
2015 special session
Special session plans teeter as Dayton, GOP dig in on auditor fight, MPR
Dispute over state auditor duties becomes a sticking point during budget talks, Star Tribune
Minnesota budget agreements are still in the works, Duluth News Tribune
Make Dayton would halt special session over state auditor provision, Pioneer Press
Auditor’s concerns require a full airing, Pioneer Press
Dayton to stall special session till anti-state auditor law repealed, WCCO
Why Dayton wants a 1-sentence provision he signed rescinded, Fox 9
Tussle over State Auditor stalls special session talks, KARE
Rick Perry announces presidential bid, MPR
5 things you should know about Lincoln Chafee, MPR
Lincoln Chafee’s improbable quest for the White House, MPR
Launching 2016 bid, Rhode Island’s Chafee refuses to rule out talks with Islamic State group, Star Tribune
GOP’s top 10: Who is making the debate cut, The Hill
How will the economy play in 2016? The Hill
Klobuchar visits dairy farm in rebuilding mode after fire, ECM
Destination Medical Center
Rochester’s economic engine shifts into overdrive with Destination Medical Center plans, MinnPost
Minnesota provides relief to save jobs at U.S. Steel, Star Tribune
Key vote on Minnesota oil pipeline expected this week, MPR
How the MPCA’s Citizens’ Board did itself in, MinnPost
FBI surveillance flights
Sen. Al Franken is demanding information from FBI on surveillance flights, Star Tribune
Sen. Franken seeks answers over FBI surveillance flights, WCCO
Health insurers seek higher premiums in Minnesota, MPR
8 Minnesota health plans propose big premium hikes for 2016, Pioneer Press
8 Minnesota health plans propose big premium hikes for 2016, KSTP
One year in, Green Line endangers U research, MPR
Study: Trains still better than buses for Southwest light rail line, MPR
Eden Prairie end of line is likely to take the brunt of Southwest LRT cuts, MinnPost
Democrats challenge voter limits in battleground states, Pioneer Press
LIKE the Minnesota DFL on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/MinnesotaDFL
Follow @MinnesotaDFL on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/MinnesotaDFL
On INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/minnesotadfl
daily brief · issues · news