Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Daily Brief: Thursday, July 2nd, 2015
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief, News
- 9 a.m. – Presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders will visit Rochester for a fundraiser brunch and town meeting at the Rochester International Event Center.
- 1:20 p.m. – President Obama will speak about the economy at the Recreational Eagle Center, La Crosse.
- The Minnesota DFL office is closed. Everyone have a safe and fun-filled 4th of July weekend!
Save the date
- July 8 – Senate District 42 DFL will host a prevailing wage/right to work forum from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the Roseville Library, 2180 N Hamline Ave., Roseville.
- July 12 – The Congressional District 2 DFL will host a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Legislative Issues Forum from 2 – 4 p.m. at the Galaxie Library, 14955 Galaxie Ave., Apple Valley. For further information, contact Terry Friedrichs, CD 2 Outreach/Inclusion Committee, at 612-859-9676.
Hillary Clinton earned $45 million since April, The Washington Post
Jeb Bush made money the old fashioned way: from those seeking political access, MinnPost
In Wisconsin, Sanders appears to like-minded liberals, Pioneer Press
With liberal rallying cry, Sanders returns to Minnesota, KSTP
Scott Walker’s hard right turn in Iowa might hurt him elsewhere, New York Times
Bernie’s big crowd strategy, Politico
Gary Wertish, Minnesota Farmers Union vice president was one of 129 agricultural specialists names to trade advisory positions. The individuals named to the committees will play an important role as they represent one of the most important sectors to America’s export economy and they will provide advice as the discussions happen surrounding the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP). This will help to play an integral part of the export opportunities for American agriculture and will hopefully be the most ambitious trade agenda ever for America’s family farmers, ranchers and businesses of all sizes. Minnesota Farmers Union
Attorney general sues company promising student loan debt ‘forgiveness,’ Fox 9
Young Republicans say party risks losing millennials after gay marriage ruling, The Hill
With first contract, home health care workers are invisible no more, Workday Minnesota
Obama’s overtime proposal becomes new flashpoint in America’s slow wage comeback, Star Tribune
After trade deal, Obama looks to repair rift with labor, MPR
Major League Soccer
Soccer stadium could land in St. Paul, MLS executive says, Star Tribune
MLS turns to St. Paul for stadium site after Mpls. misses deadline, MPR
Defying SCOTUS on gay marriage licensing is not a legal option, Star Tribune
State commissioner pay
Gov. Mark Dayton grants big raises to h is commissioners; Republicans cry foul, Star Tribune
GOP calls Dayton ‘out of touch’ following cabinet pay hike, WCCO
Dayton commissioner payroll increase tops $1 million, MPR
Southwest light-rail advisory committee recommends cuts to save line, Star Tribune
LIKE the Minnesota DFL on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/MinnesotaDFL
Follow @MinnesotaDFL on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/MinnesotaDFL
On INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/minnesotadfl
daily brief · issues · news