CONTRIBUTE! VOLUNTEER! CONTACT US!
Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
TAG | precinct chairs
Were You Elected Precinct Chair at Caucus? Here’s What’s Next.
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in News
Duties of a Precinct Chair or Precinct Vice Chair.
The Precinct Chair or Vice Chair(s) is the face and voice of the DFL party at its grass roots level: the precinct. Precincts are geographic neighborhoods, and the politically like-minded people who live in them. Every other level in the DFL is built on the grass roots organization that happens in precincts. As precinct leaders, you are the point of contact for neighbors interested in the DFL. You can be the change makers in your neighborhood.
To that end, as an official member of the DFL organization for a 2-year term, you are expected to attend the SD48 monthly meetings every second Thursday of the month at Glen Lake Center (map) and to help elect local progressive candidates by doing the following:
- Build relationships with precinct caucus participants over the next two years.
- Communicate via emailing, phoning, a blog, or social media.
- Let them know about SD48 and other DFL events.
- Hold precinct events.
- Find more DFLers in your precinct.
- Record and pass along info about others who might help the DFL and campaigns.
- Get people registered to vote.
- Pass out the DFL sample ballot and campaign literature for endorsed candidates.
- Get your precinct DFLers out to vote at election time.
Mark your calendar!
Rep. Jenifer Loon (HD48B) Town Hall
– There’s strength in numbers – help us keep the MN House Republicans accountable!
When: Saturday, February 24, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
Where: Eden Prairie Library
Walking Subcaucus Demonstration
When: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 7 PM
Where: Eden Prairie High School
When: Saturday, March 17, 2018
Where: Details pending.
Precinct Officer Orientation
When: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 7 PM
Where: Glen Lake Activities Center
14350 Excelsior Blvd, Minnetonka
Your attendance at SD48 DFL meetings and work on SD48 projects and events is critical, and will give you lots of ideas about things you can do in, and communicate with, your precinct. Your participation in the Senate District will also allow you to bring your ideas to the SD48 leadership for adoption and implementation.
Together we can Flip MN Blue, elect progressive candidates, eject the vile Trump GOP and their enablers and work toward a better future.
Thank you for engaging with us and being part of a winning campaign season!