Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Daily Brief: Wednesday, Oct. 29th, 2014
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief, News
In the Know
Oct. 29, 2014
- 9 a.m. – The 2014 DFL GOTV Bus Tour kicks off at a press conference at the State Capitol.
- Noon – The bus tour stops at IUOE Local 49, Mankato for a rally.
- 2 p.m. – The bus tour stops at UFCW, Albert Lea for a rally.
- 4 p.m. – The bus tour stops at the DFL Campaign Office in Rochester for a rally.
- 6 p.m. – The bus tour stops at Winona State University for a rally.
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar and Rep. Rick Nolan will speak at the U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree Cutting Ceremony.
- 10 a.m. – The bus tour stops in Hopkins for a rally.
- Noon – The bus tour stops at Carleton College for a rally.
- 1:30 p.m. – The bus tour stops at the DFL Campaign Office in Eagan for a rally.
- 2:30 p.m. – The bus tour stops at the Action Center in Oakdale for a rally.
- 4 p.m. – The bus tour stops at Hmong Village in St. Paul for a rally.
- 5:30 p.m. – The bus tour stops at the DFL Campaign Office in St. Paul for a rally.
- 9:30 a.m. – The bus tour stops at the DFL Campaign Office in Willmar for a rally.
- 11:30 a.m. – The bus tour stops at the University of Minnesota – Morris for a rally.
- 2:30 p.m. – The bus tour stops at Minnesota State University – Moorhead for a rally.
- Actor Fred Armisen will host grassroots GOTV campaign events at the University of Minnesota and Augsburg College for Senator Al Franken.
- 10 a.m. – All county election offices and cities that have offered early voting (www.mnvotes.org) are open for voting from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- 10 a.m. – The bus tour stops in Bemidji for a rally.
- 11 a.m. – The bus tour stops in Leech Lake for rally.
- 1 p.m. – The bus tour stops in Grand Rapids for a rally.
- 3 p.m. – The bus tour stops in Virginia for a rally.
- 5:30 p.m. – The bus tour stops at the University of Minnesota – Duluth for a rally.
- 10 a.m. – Ramsey County Elections is open for voting from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Noon – City of Minneapolis Elections is open for voting from noon to 5 p.m.
- 3:30 p.m. – The bus tour stops in Crosby for a rally.
- 5 p.m. – The bus tour stops at St. Cloud State University for a rally.
- 8 a.m. – All county election offices and cities that have offered early voting are open from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. for voting.
- 10 a.m. – The bus tour stops at IUPAT, Little Canada for a rally.
- 11:30 a.m. – The bus tour stops at Hamline for a meet and greet.
- 1 p.m. – The bus tour stops in North Minneapolis for a rally.
- 2:30 p.m. – The bus tour holds a rally at Cedar Cultural Center.
- 4:30 p.m. – A rally at a Minneapolis or St. Paul college will be held.
- 7 p.m. – The bus tour will stop at the University of Minnesota for a rally.
- 8 p.m. – The bus tour will stop at the Minneapolis United Labor Centre for a rally.
- 9:30 p.m. – The 2014 DFL GOTV Bus Tour ends with a rally at 411 Main in St. Paul.
For more details about the bus tour, go to www.dfl.org/gotvtour.
Mark your calendars and spread the word!
Early voting is open! #simonsaysvote www.mnvotes.org
6 days until the Nov. 4 general election
Want to volunteer to elect DFLers? Visit http://www.dfl.org/gotv/
McFadden, Westrom campaign in Moorhead, KFGO
GOP, Dayton launch final-week messages, MPR
DFLers have more money in final days of campaign, MPR
Politicians hit voters with direct mail with 1 week until Election Day, WCCO
One week out, an updated look at the 20 races that will decide who controls the Minnesota House, MinnPost
More than 8 million people have already voted, Star Tribune
Rev up the bus! Campaigns set off on barnstorming tours as Election Day countdown now in days, Star Tribune
Minnesota DFL beats expectations, mn progressive project
Endorsements: Hoden, Whalen and Rutzik in MN House races, Star Tribune
Big money pours into battles for Minnesota House, MPR
County prosecutors blast GOP campaign literature, MPR
Both parties make their last push for control of the Minnesota House, Star Tribune
Johnson opposes resolution on D.C. team name, MPR
While Republican Jeff Johnson appears to be narrowing the gap between himself and DFL Gov. Mark Dayton, some of his friends don’t seem to be helping him make his final case. “Interesting thing about (Wisconsin Republican Gov.) Scott Walker ad on MN air is it shows MN 3rd (1 tick above WI) in job growth. Contradicts @Jeff4Gov message #mngov,” Associated Press correspondent Brian Bakst tweeted this week. Meanwhile, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, chairman of the Republican Governors Association, told the “Today” show that governors must act aggressively to counteract Ebola. Among the governors he praised for their actions? Johnson’s opponent Dayton. Star Tribune
Q&A: Wealth, elitism dominate Minnesota campaign ad themes, MPR
Mills targeted personally in ads, Hibbing Daily Tribune
Walz, Hagedorn tangle in District 1, KEYC
McFadden visits Bemidji ahead of election next week, Bemidji Pioneer
McFadden visits party workers in Baxter, Brainerd Dispatch
Franken, McFadden on the offensive over Ebola, business deal, Star Tribune
In an essay, New York Times writer Mark Leibovich wrote that U.S. Senate elections in flyover land suffered from “bumpkinizing.” One of Leibovich’s prime examples? Republican U.S. Senate candidate Mike McFadden’s ad that sparked “GroinGate.” The piece also claimed, without evidence, that Tom Erickson, McFadden deputy campaign manager, responded to a reporter’s question “earnestly.” Star Tribune
daily brief · issues · news
<< Jon Stewart realized that Koch Industries was running ads during his show. So he trolled them.