Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Daily Brief: Tuesday, May 5th, 2015
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief, News
In the Know
May 5, 2015
- 10 a.m. – The Minnesota House of Representatives meets in session.
- 11 a.m. – Gov. Mark Dayton and Minnesota business leaders will announce the state’s bid to bring the College Football Playoff National Championship to Minnesota. The news conference will take place in the Governor’s Press Briefing Room.
- 11 a.m. – The Minnesota Senate meets in session.
- 1:30 p.m. – The Omnibus Transportation Policy and Finance Bill Conference Committee meets.
- Noon – Gov. Mark Dayton attends a turkey burger lunch at the state Capitol, hosted by Reps. Dave Baker and Chris Swedzinski and the Republican Rural Caucus. Capitol Lawn.
- 2 p.m. – The Omnibus Health and Human Services Conference Committee meets.
- 3 p.m. – The Omnibus Higher Education Conference Committee meets.
- 3:30 p.m. – The Omnibus E-12 Education Conference Committee meets.
- 4 p.m. – A community picnic kicks off the 2015 Governor’s Fishing Opener, Tower Civic Center. The event includes free food, free games, great entertainment and several other activities. Follow along at #MNGFO2015.
Constituency Caucus meetings
- May 16 – The DFL African-American Caucus will meet at 10 a.m., Golden Thyme Coffee House, 921 Selby Ave, St. Paul.
- May 16 – The DFL Environmental Caucus will hold a membership meeting, noon, Powderhorn Recreation Center, 3400 15th Ave. S, Minneapolis.
Events you won’t want to miss!
- June 6 – Tickets are now on sale for the 4th Annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
Dayton talks taxes, turkey loans, MPR
Big gulfs remain on taxes, transportation and spending at Capitol, MPR
Gas tax mailer raises eyebrows — and questions about disclosure, Star Tribune
Site using candidate Carly Fiorina’s name attacks her record at HP, MPR
Minnesota moves to help farmers whose flocks hit by bird flu, Pioneer Press
Minnesota farm with 1.1 million hens, largest yet, gets bird flu, Star Tribune
Legislators rally around farmers hit by bird flu in budget, WCCO
Dayton, DFL lawmakers blast GOP campaign spending provisions, Star Tribune
Dayton won’t accept GOP changes to campaign subsidy, MPR
Gov. Mark Dayton vows to veto GOP campaign cash changes, Pioneer Press
DFL legislators blast GOP proposal to lift limits on contributions from lobbyists and PACs, MinnPost
Campaign finance changes draw fire from DFL, KARE
Backers push for vote on driver’s licenses for undocumented immigrants, TC Daily Planet
Cliff Natural Resources cuts 100 salaried jobs in Iron Range, Star Tribune
Students — and communities — suffer when Minnesota retreats from higher-ed funding, MinnPost
Capitol budget plans will force classroom cuts, school leaders warn, MPR
At the Minnesota Capitol: Parents push for increase in per pupil funding, Pioneer Press
NANCY LARSON: House GOP spotlight on rural Minnesota fades, Grand Forks Herald
House approves measure to allow cultivation of industrial hemp, Star Tribune
Minnesota Film Board
Say goodbye to Hollywood? Why lawmakers are considering putting Minnesota’s film board out of business, MinnPost
Minn. Senate passes tax bill; House wants $2 billion in cuts, Star Tribune
Senate passes tax cuts, sets stage for talks with House, MPR
Minnesota Senate rebuffs attempts to scrap tax breaks for Super Bowl, Pioneer Press
Senate passes bill with $268 million in tax cuts, Pioneer Press
Minnesota legislators, don’t let rail safety issues rumble by, Star Tribune
LIKE the Minnesota DFL on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/MinnesotaDFL
Follow @MinnesotaDFL on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/MinnesotaDFL
On INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/minnesotadfl
daily brief · issues · news