Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Daily Brief: Tuesday, June 2nd, 2015
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief, News
In the Know
June 2, 2015
- 8 a.m. – Secretary of State Steve Simon meets with Mower County Auditor/Treasurer Steven Reinzrtz, 201 1st. St. NE, Austin.
- 9 a.m. – Secretary of State Steve Simon visits Freeborn County Crime Victims Crisis Center, 411 S. Broadway Ave., Albert Lea.
- 10:30 a.m. – Secretary of State Steve Simon meets with Blue Earth Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Cindy Lyon, 113 S. Nicollet St., Blue Earth.
- 12:30 p.m. – Secretary of State Steve Simon visits Committee Against Violence Abuse Shelter, Mankato.
- 3 p.m. – Secretary of State Steve Simon meets with Steel County Auditor Laura Ihrke, 630 Florece Ave., Owatonna.
- 4:15 p.m. – Secretary of State Steve Simon visits Faribault’s Hope Center, 1003, 7th St. NW, Faribault.
Constituency Caucus meetings
- June 6 – The Senior DFL Caucus will hold its annual meeting at the Sheet Metal Workers Local #10, 1681 East Cope Avenue 55109, Maplewood.
Save the date!
- June 7 – Senate District 42 hosts “Pints and Politics,” 6 p.m., Hampton Inn, 1000 Gramsie Rd, Shoreview.
- June 14 – DFL Women’s Hall of Fame, 11 a.m., Doubletree Bloomington, tickets available here.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
Speaker Daudt deserves a good grade, ECM
Editorial: Doing too much can leave much undone in session, Austin Daily Tribune
2015 special session
Budget talks break through; Minn. government shutdown unlikely, MPR
Daudt: Europe trip on hold because of budget talks, MPR
Political chatter: Reporters take what information they can get in budget talks, Capitol Chatter
Dayton, House GOP move toward final budget deal, Star Tribune
Dayton says he and Legislature are very close in deal to avoid shutdown, Pioneer Press
House GOP looks to make a deal; 9,500 workers get layoff notices, Pioneer Press
In Brainerd, DFL leader talks special session, Brainerd Dispatch
State budget deal imminent, KARE
Agreement over education funding clears way for special session, MinnPost
Sen. Lindsey Graham joins battle for Republican nomination, MPR
South Carolina’s Graham opens 2016 bid on grim note about US enemies and a vow to defeat them, Star Tribune
Who is in, and about to get in, the GOP race for president, Pioneer Press
Explaining the Bernie Boom: At Minneapolis rally, many talk of an alternative to Hillary Clinton, MinnPost
Clearer view emerges of income inequality in Minnesota counties, Star Tribune
Dayton and GOP push pre-K aside, but parents want it, MPR
GOP’s Daudt offers extra $525M for education in negotiations with Dayton, Star Tribune
Dayton, House GOP reach tentative deal on education, WCCO
Kline concerned about Corinthian students – what about the rest? mnpACT!
Study of Minnesota lakes finds widespread drug contamination, MPR
Labor activists to receive Wellstone Awards from DFL, Workday Minnesota
Layoff notices set to hit state workers’ desks 1 month before shutdown, WCCO
Shutdown notices sent, House wants to make a deal, Pioneer Press
Layoffs for 9,400 state employees, Dayton willing to concede to avoid shutdown, Fox 9
Registration opens for Minnesota’s medical marijuana program, Star Tribune
Medical pot patients could be in a bind, Pioneer Press
Political Junkie: NSA surveillance program expires, MPR
In debate over Patriot Act, lawmakers weigh risks vs. liberty, New York Times
Secretary of State Simon
Statewide safety for survivors: MN Secretary of State visits Women’s Resource Center, Winona Daily News
Minnesota Secretary of State visits Rochester Women’s Shelter to discuss Safe at Home program, KTTC
New improved anonymity program helps battered women, KAAL
LIKE the Minnesota DFL on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/MinnesotaDFL
Follow @MinnesotaDFL on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/MinnesotaDFL
On INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/minnesotadfl
daily brief · issues · news
<< DNC Research Director Lauren Dillon on Medium: Something’s Rotten in Madison