Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Daily Brief: Tuesday, June 16th, 2015
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief, News
In the Know
June 16, 2015
- Commerce Commissioner Michael Rothman is in Washington, DC, to participate in the 2015 White House Elder Justice Forum with U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch. The Forum will focus on strategies to prevent and address elder abuse, neglect and exploitation. The Forum will provide input for the 2015 White Conference on Aging.
Save the date!
- June 20 – The DFL African-American Caucus is looking for volunteers to help with voter registration at Juneteenth. 10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., North Mississippi Regional Park, 5114 North Mississippi Drive, Minneapolis. For more information contact .
- June 20 – Stonewall DFL will be tabling at the Brainerd Pride Picnic from 2 – 5 p.m. at Lum Park.
- June 23 – The Bloomington Progressive Issues Forum, 5:30 p.m., Davanni’s Pizza and Hoagies, 8605 Lyndale Ave. S., Bloomington.
- June 27 – Stonewall DFL will at Twin Cities Pride from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on the festival grounds in Loring Park. For additional information, contact Gerald Strauss at .
- June 28 – Stonewall DFL will at Twin Cities Pride from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on the festival grounds in Loring Park. They will also march in the parade at 11 a.m. For additional information, contact Gerald Strauss at.
- June 28 – Seventh Annual Family Picnic of the DFL Senior Caucus, noon – 3 p.m., Brookview Park, Golden Valley.
- July 12 – Tickets are now on sale for the 3rd Annual Jackie Stevenson Dinner in Bloomington. Get more information here.
2015 special session
Budget bills passed during special session avert shutdown, Minnesota Budget Project
Minnesota special session: What got done, what didn’t, MPR
Where issues – big and small – stand after Minnesota lawmakers wrap up 2015 session, Star Tribune
Dealing behind closed doors, Pioneer Press
Despite working with a nearly $2 billion surplus this year, the House GOP majority got in the way of the legislature addressing Minnesota’s serious transportation issues, and prioritized tax cuts for the rich over investing in Minnesota students. YouTube
Jeb Bush has optimistic message, faces challenges in ’16 bid, WCCO
The 2016 GOP primary is basically the most wide open race ever, The Washington Post
Jeb Bush makes it official: He’s running, MPR
Where they stand: Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush on key issues in 2016 presidential campaign, Star Tribune
Six takeaways from Bush launch, The Hill
Scott Walker will likely announce he is running on July 13, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
The $9 billion man? Donald Trump set to announce 2016 plans, KSTP
Congress paddles toward brink of a government shutdown, The Hill
Federal panel backs $60 million for American Indian schools, Pioneer Press
MN lawmakers pull the plug on pollution-fighting citizens’ council, MPR
Labor buys ‘thank you’ ads for lawmakers who blocked Obama trade pact, The Washington Post
Today in history
Winkler’s retirement from the Legislature effective June 1, WCCO
Medical device tax
White House threatens veto of Paulsen’s bill to repeal medical device tax, Star Tribune
Medical marijuana program has registered more doctors than patients, Star Tribune
How to sound like you know what you are talking about on trade, The Washington Post
House Republicans and White House try to revive trade bill stalled by Democrats, New York Times
After confusing, dramatic Friday votes in the House, here’s where the trade deal stands, MinnPost
U.S. Bank buys naming rights for stadium, Fox 9
Report: U.S. Bank to pay $220 million to Vikings for stadium naming rights, MinnPost
Vikings confirm new home: U.S. Bank Stadium, Fox 9
LIKE the Minnesota DFL on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/MinnesotaDFL
Follow @MinnesotaDFL on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/MinnesotaDFL
On INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/minnesotadfl
daily brief · issues · news