Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Daily Brief: Monday, June 15th, 2015
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief, News
In the Know
June 15, 2015
- 8:30 a.m. – Congressman Keith Ellison will join others at the Mexican Consulate in St. Paul. The Consulate will host a celebration of the remarkable success that the 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program which the Obama administration established to provide temporary protection from deportation for unauthorized immigrants who arrived as children.
- 10 a.m. – The Supreme Court is expected to hand down one or more decisions, the first of two batches this week. We’re awaiting potentially landmark judgments involving gay marriage, Obamacare subsidies or lethal injection.
Save the date!
- June 23 – The Bloomington Progressive Issues Forum, 5:30 p.m., Davanni’s Pizza and Hoagies, 8605 Lyndale Ave. S., Bloomington.
- June 28 – Seventh Annual Family Picnic of the DFL Senior Caucus, noon – 3 p.m., Brookview Park, Golden Valley.
- July 12 – Tickets are now on sale for the 3rd Annual Jackie Stevenson Dinner in Bloomington. Get more information here.
Bakk’s dealmaking this year perturbed his caucus, Star Tribune
2015 special session
Special session of unusual setting, suspense wraps up, Star Tribune
Gov. Dayton to sign final budget bills today, avoiding shutdown, Star Tribune
Incendiary environment bill exposes heated divisions, Star Tribune
Gallery: Special session, Star Tribune
Dayton’s vetoes yield better legislative results, Star Tribune
Lawmakers hold dramatic special session, WCCO
Lawmakers take extraordinary measures to advance late bills, WCCO
Special session deal reached, KSTP
Special session ends; Minn. government shutdown averted, KARE
Jobs bill headed to governor despite environmental qualms, Pioneer Press
After long day, legislators pass budget bills and go home, Pioneer Press
Looking back at 2015 session and ahead to 2016, Pioneer Press
Dayton to sign bills passed in special session, Pioneer Press
Deep in budget bills, hidden nuggets found, Pioneer Press
Photos: An unusual special session, MPR
Dayton relieved session over, will sign all bills, MPR
Education bill passes House amid bipartisan praise, Pioneer Press
Thoughts on special session and Senate dysfunction, mnpACT!
House GOP said we needed divided government, well this is what it is, mnpACT!
Legislature passes bills after dramatic special session, MinnPost
Clinton sketches populist message in first major speech of campaign, MPR
Ready to jump in, Jeb Bush has much to prove in leaderless 2016 Republican race for president, Star Tribune
The GOP field: We made a top 10 list, but really, at this point, it’s just three, The Washington Post
Franken speaks out against pay day loans in St. Paul, WCCO
State poised to make historic investment in its 19,000 American Indian students, Star Tribune
American Indian schools get big boost with new education bill, Pioneer Press
GOP takes heat for photo of Dayton doused in cold water, KSTP
In handout, Republican House doueses Dayton, Pioneer Press
Iowa Straw Poll cancelled after waning interest from candidates, Washington Post
Iowa Straw Poll
Michele Bachmann helped kill the Iowa Straw Poll, Daily Beast
The Iowa Straw Poll is dead. Here are 12 dumb political things that should go with it.Washington Post
Former legislator Dean Johnson to lead UMN Board of Regents, Pioneer Press
Legacy bill approved, Pioneer Press
Franken, Stanek: Inmates with mental illness are ‘society’s dirty little secret’, Star Tribune
First of its kind complex in St. Paul, Minn. honors Minnesota military families, Fox 9
Minnesota iron mines offered break on a major expense: electricity, Star Tribune
Legal pressure failed to stir action on sex offender program, WCCO
Cool chart: Political Twitter is a whole different world, USA Today
Truth elusive in State Auditor claims, MPR
Green Line turns 1: Riders share their love, hate relationship with the train, Pioneer Press
What is it about Minnesota that makes it a top place to work? Star Tribune
LIKE the Minnesota DFL on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/MinnesotaDFL
Follow @MinnesotaDFL on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/MinnesotaDFL
On INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/minnesotadfl
daily brief · issues · news