Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Daily Brief: Friday, Sept. 5th, 2014
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief, News
In the Know
Sept. 5, 2014
- 9:06 a.m. – The state of community colleges in Minnesota. MPR’s Daily Circuit.
- 10 a.m. – Health Commissioner Ed Ehlinger will announce a new initiative to place life-saving equipment in ambulances across the state. The event is in Alexandria at the Minnesota EMS Medical Directors Conference. The press conference will include physicians and emergency responders discussing how the device helps save lives in the field. The press conference will also include a demonstration of the device.
- 9 a.m. – Weekend of Action kicks off. Check in with your local DFL office for volunteer opportunities. www.dfl.org/offices
- 9 a.m. – noon – The C-SPAN Bus makes a Minneapolis stop on its fall tour. Farmers Market Annex of Minneapolis, 200 East Lyndale Ave. N., Minneapolis.
- Noon – Weekend of Action continues. Check in with your local DFL office for volunteer opportunities.www.dfl.org/offices.
Mark your calendars and spread the word!
14 days until early voting beings Sept. 19
60 days until the Nov. 4 general election
Political ads fill news shows but avoid the headlines, USA Today
Minnesota online voter registration signs up 8,000, Pioneer Press
Online voter registration numbers top 8K, MPR
Minnesota Supreme Court
Michelle MacDonald and the anatomy of a political train wreck, MinnPost
Dayton, Johnson present different views to county officials, MPR
Nolan vs. Mills congressional race closely watched, MPR
Top eight Senate campaign gaffes, Politico
Sometimes the money is greener in other states, Star Tribune
McFadden: East African community worried about ISIS, MPR
U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison rallies with striking fast-food workers, Star Tribune
Klobuchar visited Africa to discuss food security, Somali refugees, Star Tribune
Congressman Walz visits Mankato’s Walmart distribution center site, KEYC
Commodity markets flip-flop on consumers, rural Minnesotans, TC Daily Planet
Hiring slowed in August as US employers added just 142K jobs; rate dips to 6.1 pct., Star Tribune
Maintain Minnesota’s mortgage interest deduction — it’s helping middle-class families bounce back, MinnPost
Rural Minnesota districts finding it tougher to lure new teachers, MP
States urge Supreme Court to take up gay marriage, AP
Councilmember Jacob Frey explores imposing higher minimum wage in Minneapolis, MinnPost
Minnesota heroin summit backs aggressive measures, Star Tribune
daily brief · issues · news