Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Daily Brief: Friday, Oct. 31st, 2014
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief, News
In the Know
Oct. 31, 2014
- 9:30 a.m. – The bus tour stops at the DFL Campaign Office in Willmar for a rally.
- 11:30 a.m. – The bus tour stops at the University of Minnesota – Morris for a rally.
- 2:30 p.m. – The bus tour stops at Minnesota State University – Moorhead for a rally.
- Gov. Mark Dayton and Dr. Ed Ehlinger, Minnesota’s Commissioner of Health, will hold a follow-up meeting with Minnesota health care associations to discuss the state’s Ebola preparedness and prevention efforts.
- 5 p.m. – Gov. Dayton is calling all ghouls, goblins, and ghosts to celebrate Halloween at the Governor’s Residence from 5 – 7 p.m.
- 10 a.m. – All county election offices and cities that have offered early voting (www.mnvotes.org) are open for voting from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- 10 a.m. – The bus tour stops in Bemidji for a rally.
- 11 a.m. – The bus tour stops in Leech Lake for rally.
- 1 p.m. – The bus tour stops in Grand Rapids for a rally. Vice President Mondale will join us at the rally.
- 3 p.m. – The bus tour stops in Virginia for a rally. Vice President Mondale will join us at the rally.
- 5:30 p.m. – The bus tour stops at the University of Minnesota – Duluth for a rally. Vice President Mondale will join us at the rally.
- 10 a.m. – Ramsey County Elections is open for voting from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Noon – City of Minneapolis Elections is open for voting from noon to 5 p.m.
- 3:30 p.m. – The bus tour stops in Crosby for a rally.
- 5 p.m. – The bus tour stops at St. Cloud State University for a rally.
- 5 p.m. – Pre-debate visibility for Sen. Franken at the Fitzgerald Theater, 10 E Exchange St., St Paul.
- 8 a.m. – All county election offices and cities that have offered early voting are open from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. for voting.
- 10 a.m. – The bus tour stops at IUPAT, Little Canada for a rally.
- 11:30 a.m. – The bus tour stops at Hamline for a meet and greet.
- 1 p.m. – The bus tour stops in North Minneapolis for a rally.
- 2:30 p.m. – The bus tour holds a rally at Cedar Cultural Center.
- 4:30 p.m. – A rally at a Minneapolis or St. Paul college will be held.
- 7 p.m. – The bus tour will stop at the University of Minnesota for a rally.
- 8 p.m. – The bus tour will stop at the Minneapolis United Labor Centre for a rally.
- 9:30 p.m. – The 2014 DFL GOTV Bus Tour ends with a rally at 411 Main in St. Paul.
For more details about the bus tour, go to www.dfl.org/gotvtour.
Mark your calendars and spread the word!
Early voting is open! #simonsaysvote www.mnvotes.org
4 days until the Nov. 4 general election
Want to volunteer to elect DFLers? Visit http://www.dfl.org/gotv/
DFLers rally in Albert Lea, Albert Lea Tribune
DFLers rally in Rochester ahead of Tuesday’s election, Rochester Post Bulletin [pay wall]
DFL candidates urge turnout during bus tour, LaCrosse Tribune
The devastating history of midterm elections, MPR
Shaver and Rapp on what could change before the election, MPR
GOP defends its mailer on drunk driving law, MPR
Local faith community escorts souls to the polls: Voting polls open on Sunday, Nov. 2 in Minneapolis, TC Daily Planet
We endorse: DFLer Swanson for AG; GOP Gilbert for auditor, Mesabi Daily News
Minnesota’s early voting law fueling greater turnout effort, Pioneer Press
More than $780,000 in late money raining on Minnesota campaigns, Star Tribune
#Election2014: Who’s talking about what on Twitter in Minnesota, the U.S., Star Tribune
GOP: DFL has used sensational and disgusting imagery on legislative mailings, Star Tribune
She became a U.S. citizen at 97, now she’s casting her first vote, WCCO
TRUTH TEST: Do GOP campaign mailers raise unfounded fears? KSTP
Truth Test: GOP mailers flip context of DFL votes, KARE
Johnson, Newberger tangle in GOP-tinged district, St. Cloud Times
Minnesota GOP mailer jabs DFL on drunk driving law, Pioneer Press
Endorsements: Kimmel, Willingham and Pinto in MN House races, Star Tribune
Statewide groups spend big in 27A, but contribute little to other Steele County races, The Leader
Candidates in 14A, 14B talk transportation, taxes, St. Cloud Times
Johnson details plan for state audit if elected governor, MPR
Jeff Johnson on the issues that defined his campaign, MPR
Debate offers Minnesota governor candidates last chance to make case, get face-to-face digs in, Star Tribune
For Collin Peterson, campaigns are no longer a cakewalk, MPR
McCollum says GOP challenger has her looking over her shoulder, Pioneer Press
Editorial counterpoint: Why would voters dump Nolan for an untested rookie like Mills? Star Tribune
Reality Check: Guns and 8th District candidates, WCCO
Peterson, leading voice on agriculture, fights to keep job, WCCO
Analysis: Do Franken, McFadden foreign policy positions stack up? MPR
What if McFadden wins and Republicans take the Senate? MinnPost
P-B Endorsement: U.S. Senate: Al Franken vs. Steve Carlson vs. Mike McFadden, Rochester Post Bulletin [pay wall]
State’s U.S. Senate race brings cash from coast to coast, Star Tribune
Reality Check: Franken’s ad claims McFadden closed Mont. paper mill, WCCO
How the impending wave of worker retirements will change government in Minnesota, MinnPost
GOP state representative from Elk River pleaded guilty to DWI in August, Star Tribune
Group blasts Dayton for not signing medical marijuana pledge, MPR
PoliGraph: MNsure rate hike rhetoric flies; claims inconclusive, MPR
Sen. Hayden faces new scrutiny for taxpayer-funded trip to New York, Star Tribune
daily brief · issues · news