Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Daily Brief: Friday, Aug. 8th, 2014
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief, News
In the Know
Aug. 8, 2014
- 10:06 a.m. –How U.S. Senate FarmFest forum could shape Tuesday’s primary, Daily Circuit, MPR
- U.S. Sen. Al Franken and Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges will join the owner of Crankshaft Supply in Minneapolis to discuss how making energy efficiency updates to buildings creates jobs, saves money, and promotes economic development.
- County election offices (and some city halls) are open for early voting, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Find more information at www.mnvotes.org.
Mark your calendars and spread the word!
- Early voting for the Aug. 12 primary is open. Stop by your county election office and cast your vote or click here to request an absentee ballot and vote by mail. Please support your DFL-endorsed candidates!
- 4 days until the Aug. 12 primary and our first opportunity to vote for DFL endorsed candidates
- 42 days until Sept. 19 and people can begin to vote by no excuse absentee ballot for the Nov. 4 election
- 87 days until the Nov. 4 election
Candidates are skipping debates left and right. Why that strategy makes perfect sense,MinnPost
Will you take advantage of the early voting option?, MPR
Despite push, absentee ballots lag 2010, MPR
Minnesota absentee ballot filings near 16,000, Pioneer Press
Noor, Kahn go door to door to make their final pitch, Star Tribune
Kahn, Noor press fight for Minneapolis House seat as primary nears, MPR
Minnesota Supreme Court
GOP Supreme Court candidate Michelle MacDonald ticketed again, Star Tribune
Candidate for governor Scott Honour compaigns in Zumbrota, Zumbrota News Record
Johnson draws fire as GOP’s Governor primary nears, WCCO
Johnson: Senate office building an example of ‘Dayton Administration’, WCCO
Dayton calls rivals’ stand on Polymet ‘highly irresponsible’, Star Tribune
Scott Honour: I’ll change how this state is governed, Star Tribune
GOP governor hopefuls attack each other as primary nears, MPR
‘Mock’ groundbreaking puts campaign spotlight on Senate building, KSTP
Secretary of State
Secretary of State candidate Steve Simon has supported voting reforms, Rochester Post Bulletin
Rebecca Otto has proven track record as state auditor, Rochester Post Bulletin
With little policy difference, Westrom hopes to pin Peterson to national Democrats,MinnPost
National media outlets call out WDIO & KSTP for ‘political activism,’ Northland News Center
Shiny fresh new MN07 Republican talking points repeat same old message about Collin Peterson, Bluestem Prairie
McFadden to deliver GOP’s weekly address, WCCO
KBJR Vice President responds to Al Franken ad featuring station anchor, Northland News Center
Obama in Franken’s shadow at Farm Fest – 97% of the time, politics mn
Franken tours RELCO plant in Willmar: Company paid workers to learn the skills they would need, West Central Tribune
Cuts to National Guard motorsports sponsorships draw mixed reviews, Roll Call
Minnesota: New school-year approaches, Pioneer Press
Interest lights up as state looks to select first medical marijuana manufacturers, KSTP
Dayton: Restaurant minimum wage fees ‘tacky’, MPR
Stillwater cafe owner’s ‘minimum wage fee’ makes political waves, Pioneer Press
Vikings, fans ready for August outdoor football — but what about January? MPR
<< Outrage on Iron Range Mounts over McFadden’s Anti-Minnesota Jobs Stance