Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Daily Brief: Thurs. Oct. 28th, 11 days until Election Day!
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief
In the Know
11 days until Election Day, Nov. 8
Events this Weekend
- October 28 – GOTV Event with Congressman Rick Nolan and Special Guest Vice President Biden, University of Minnesota-Duluth, Sports and Health Center, Romano Gym, 1216 Ordean Court, doors open at 10 AM.https://www.dfl.org/duluth/
- October 28 – The DFL Forum with special guest Chris Coleman, Envision Events Center (formerly Prom Events Center) located at 484 Inwood Ave N, Saint Paul, MN 55128. Plan to arrive by 11:45 to sign-in. Lunch will be served at 12 noon. The cost of the luncheon is $20. Payment can be cash or checks made out the DFL Forum and paid when you sign-in. In order to properly plan for this meeting, you must register with Hank Fischer as soon as possible but no later than five days before the scheduled forum. You can register by emailing Hank at email@example.com or call him at home at 651-433-5952.
- October 30, 2016, Royal Cliff Banquet Center, 2280 Cliff Road, Eagan, Mn 55122. Registration begins at 3 p.m. Program including Governor Mark Dayton, Minority Leader Paul Thissen and others begins at 4 p.m. Dinner buffet begins at 5:30 p.m. Suggested donation: $25, adult refreshments on your own. Contact Roger Gehrke at: 952-412-7171 or roger firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 30 – State Auditor Rebecca Otto fall hayride & potluck feat. the DFL Environmental Caucus. Come see & learn about solar power, wind power, electric cars, geothermal heating, tour a renewable energy home. Enjoy hot cider, fellowship & hay rides and sign up to door knock with Rebecca for legislative candidates. 2-5 Oct 30 rain or shine, Otto home. Register & more info at http://rebeccaotto.com/hayride
Mark your calendars
- October 31 – Trick or Treat at the Governor’s Residence (1006 Summit Avenue, St. Paul). The gates of the Governor’s Residence will be open from 5:00–7:00pm.
- Nov. 8 – Election night party for SD54 will be hosted at River Oaks Country Club, 11099 highway 61 Cottage Grove
- Nov. 8 – In Rochester, SD26, Olmsted 25 and SD25 are hosting an Election Night Party at the Eagles Club, 917 15th Ave SE. Cash Bar/food. 8 p to closing.
- Nov. 8 – DFL Election Night Party, 8pm-2am, Minneapolis Hilton Grand Ballroom, 1001 Marquette Avenue S., Minneapolis.
- Nov. 9 – South Hennepin DFL Senior Caucus Meeting, Nicollet Diner on 15th and Nicollet, 12 – 2:20 PM
- Nov. 19 – 2nd annual CD6 Unity Dinner with special guest Keith Ellison, Teamsters 120 Hall, 9422 Ulysses St NE, Ste 120, Blaine, for more information follow this link.
The first 100 days: What Clinton and Trump want to get done, MPR
Clinton doubles Trump’s October fundraising and has dominant war chest in race’s final days, Washington Post
Minnesota Poll: 54% fault Clinton over her use of private e-mail server, Star Tribune
Clinton’s new enemy: Complacency, The Hill
Some Trump supporters warn of revolution if Clinton wins, Star Tribune
Trump losing cash race in final week, The Hill
Pence: ‘There are many instances’ of voter fraud, The Hill
Trump: ‘We should just cancel the election and give it to Trump’, The Hill
Editorial Board endorsement: Tim Walz is clear choice in First District, Star Tribune
Editorial Board endorsement: Angie Craig is best fit for Second District, Star Tribune
2nd Congressional District Q&A: Angie Craig (DFL), Prior Lake American
2nd Congressional District Q&A: Jason Lewis (GOP), Prior Lake American
Candidate Q&A: U.S. Congressional District 3 Candidate Terri Bonoff, Eden Prairie News
Daudt threatens ‘to call for Dayton’s resignation’ over insurance hikes, MinnPost
Q&A: House District 49B DFL candidate Paul Rosenthal, Eden Prairie News
Q&A: Senate District 49 DFL candidate Melisa Franzen, Eden Prairie News
Rep. Rod Hamilton, who introduced ‘ag gag’ bill, works at meat company accused of abuse, Star Tribune
Rep. Ellison’s throwing a Get Out the Vote party with Messersmith, Dessa, City Pages
Klobuchar, Franken Announce $100 Million for Minn. Heating Assistance, KSTP
Trump backers lack Ryan alternative, The Hill
Vulnerable GOP senator questions opponent’s American heritage, The Hill
Why women — nasty and otherwise — are Minnesota’s most important voting bloc in 2016, MinnPost
Why the cries of the media ‘rigging’ the election are so exasperating, MinnPost
A ‘Minnesota temperament’ in DC: The St. Paul Academy grad hoping to shape post-Trump politics, MinnPost
5 questions about early voting, answered, MPR
As ballots pour in, we answer a few questions about voting in advance, Pioneer Press
Dayton blames Republicans for loss of $100 million in federal road funds, West Central Tribune
Dayton offers plan to help 5 percent of Minnesotans being hit with huge health insurance premiums, Fargo Forum
Health rebate plan, enrollment extension put on table, MPR
Gov. Dayton offers rebate plan amid battle over health insurance market, Pioneer Press
MN Supreme Court
MN Supreme Court race: quiet incumbent, loud challenger, MPR
Secretary of State comes to town, KIMT
North Dakota Oil Pipeline
Police evict oil pipeline protesters from private land, MPR
Police evict ND oil pipeline protesters from private land, AP
Police evict North Dakota oil pipeline protesters from private land, AP
Metro Police Department
St. Paul cops poised to test body cams, MPR
Watchdogs troubled by aspect of proposed St. Paul police rules on body cameras, Pioneer Press
New program to connect Minnesotans with disabilities to opportunities in state government, Sun Focus
Top Minnesota employers continue their war on wages and benefits, MN Progressive Project