Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Daily Brief: Monday, Sept. 26, 2016 ~ 43 days until Election Day!
Posted by SD48 DFL Communications Team in Daily Brief
In the Know
Sept. 26, 2016
43 days until Election Day, Nov. 8
- Sept 26th – 7pm Scott Dibble and Frank Hornstein Debate Watch Party and Fundraiser RSVP at this link
- Sept 26 – Free showing of Trump Clinton Debate at the Riverview theater, doors open at 6:30, 3800 42nd Ave. S., Minneapolis.
Mark your calendars
- Oct. 13 – DFL East Metro Senior Caucus Meeting, 11:30 AM, Sgt. Pepper’s Bar and Grill, 930 Helena Ave North, Oakdale.
- Nov. 8 – DFL Election Night Party, 8pm-2am, Minneapolis Hilton Grand Ballroom, 1001 Marquette Avenue S., Minneapolis.
- Sept. 27 – 1st Biannual Watonwan County DFL Fundraiser and Lifetime Award Achievement Dinner with Special Guest Minority Leader Thissen, $20.00 person or buy ten get one free, 5:30 – 9:00 PM, The American Legion 620 1st Ave S St James, MN 56081.
- Sept. 28 – SD 8 Fall Fundraiser with door prizes and a silent auction, Social Hour, 6:30 Chicken and Ribs Buffet Dinner, The Peak Supper Club, 43517 County Hwy 38, Clitherall, RSVP for dinner and/or auction items to: LaRon Adkins: 218-864-0923, or madkins @arvig.net , Beth Jansen 320-763-7831, or email@example.com
- Sept. 28 – African American DFL caucus is hosting a fundraiser, 6 – 8 PM, Westside Flats, 85 Wabasha St, Saint Paul, MN, he details are also in this Facebook event Building Tomorrow For Today’s Youth.
- Oct. 1 – Renville County DFL Annual Best Hotdish Supper, 5:30 p.m. at The Masters, CCOC, in Olivia, MN with Sen. Lyle Koenen and Andrew Falk, candidate for Representative from SD17, as well as candidates James Kanne and Austin Grossenburg from SD16.
- Oct. 8 – Meeker/Cokato DFL Fundraiser and Hot Dish Contest featuring Secretary of State Steve Simon, 5 p.m.Saturday, October 8 at the Darwin Rod and Gun Club (1 mile east of Darwin on State Hwy 12)
- October 8 at the Darwin Rod and Gun Club (1 mile east of Darwin on State Hwy 12)
- Oct. 16 – 2nd Annual Jim Oberstar CD8 Dinner with special guest Rick Nolan, Happy Hour starts at 4:30, please RSVP by October 1st to Justin Perpich at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218-355-0738, Duluth Holiday Inn 200 W 1st St, Duluth.
- Oct. 16 – 2nd Annual FDR Day DFL Dinner, Keynote Speaker: US Rep Keith Ellison. For More information, go to this link https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/fdrdinner2016?refcode=sd26site
- Nov. 19 – 2nd annual CD6 Unity Dinner, Teamsters 120 Hall, 9422 Ulysses St NE, Ste 120, Blaine, for more information follow this link.
4 things to watch at the first presidential debate, MPR
Rep. Keith Ellison, former Bernie supporter, to spin for Clinton at debate, Star Tribune
As Clinton focuses on debate, Trump says he’d champion women, AP
Debate Night: Clinton, Trump set for high-stakes showdown, Star Tribune
Trump vs. Clinton: Debate of the century gets wilder, The Hill
Frenzy builds for epic debate, The Hill
Aide: ‘Unfair’ for Clinton to be ‘traffic cop’ during debate, The Hill
2008 Crisis Deepened the Ties Between Clintons and Goldman Sachs, NY Times
Scope of Trump’s falsehoods unprecedented for a modern presidential candidate, LA Times
Trump says he hopes foundation is following laws, The Hill
Civil rights museum denies Trump visit request, The Hill
Conway on Trump’s plan to defeat ISIS: ‘I’ve heard it’, The Hill
With no signs, Trump supporters get creative, Rochester Post Bulletin
Early absentee voting off to strong start in Minnesota, KARE 11
Why wait for Election Day? Voting underway in Minnesota, Star Tribune
Both parties hope to boost turnout as early voting begins in Minn., Star Tribune
Wooed by convenience and campaigns, Minnesotans are already voting, Pioneer Press
Gov. Dayton: Special session is dead. Again., Pioneer Press
Minnesota Senate Minority Leader David Hann faces challenging battle, Star Tribune
Gov. Dayton again says special legislative session before election unlikely, Star Tribune
Sen. Skoe receives CGMC Legislator of Distinction Award, Detroit Lakes Online
West suburban DFL candidates looking good, MN Progressive Project
2016 Voter’s Guide: 8th U.S. Congressional District, Brainerd Dispatch
Mills, Nolan reflect on St. Cloud attack, debate in Duluth, Brainerd Dispatch
Rick Nolan Visits WCCO, Talks ‘Outsider’ Status & Attack Ads, WCCO
Rice County staying alert as flooding mitigates; Klobuchar visits Faribault, Faribault Daily News
A.G. Swanson sues for greater access to ‘life-saving’ drug, Fox 9
Workers gather in Duluth for Minnesota AFL-CIO convention, WorkDay MN
Mediator brings Allina, nurses back to the bargaining table, MPR
Respected by nurses, Allina CEO Wheeler is tested by nursing strike, Star Tribune
Bargaining Session Scheduled Between Allina, Striking Nurses, WCCO
Striking nurses, Allina called back to bargaining, WorkDay MN
NC and OK Police Shootings
Curfew lifted in Charlotte after days of peaceful protests, MPR
National Museum of African American History opens its doors, MPR