Grow with Us Plant Sale!
Tweets by @DFL48
Get all of your garden needs and help support DFL48! This year, we’re offering you plant cards at both Gerten’s Greenhouses and Garden Center in Inver Grove Heights and Wagner’s Greenhouse in Minneapolis and Bloomington.
Daily Brief: Monday, August 24th, 2015
In the Know
August 24, 2015
Mark your calendars
August 25th- Sen. Amy Klobuchar will hold three book signings this week at Magers & Quinn, on Friday at the Unity Church Sancutary in St. Paul, and Saturday at Barnes and Noble at the Mall of America.
- Aug. 26 – The Herstoric March on Women’s Equality Day will start at St. Stephen and the Incarnation Episcopal Church in Washington D.C. following the 8 a.m. blessing of the walkers. Many will accompany Helene de Boissiere Swanson for the final four miles of this 7,000 mile spiritual pilgrimage to the U.S. Capitol to promote the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment. The four-mile route passing the White House and on to the Upper Senate Park at National Mall where top feminists and human rights activists will hold a press conference, and then rally for the ERA.
- Aug. 26 – There is a free screening of the Oscar nominated film “Selma” at Capri Theater, 2027 W Broadway Ave, Minneapolis, at 6 p.m. Following the screening will be a panel discussion featuring Congressman Keith Ellison and other leaders from the Twin Cities civil rights community.
- Aug. 29 – The Democratic National Committee (DNC) Seniors Coordination Council will meet at the Hilton Minneapolis Hilton at 1001 Marquette Ave. S. from 10 a.m. to noon. Admission is free. For more information contact DFL Senior Caucus Vice Chair Karla Sand at email@example.com.
- Sept. 1st- Congressman Keith Ellison will host a celebration for the Clean Power Plan from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm at the Colin Powell Center. It’s time to take a look at what the Clean Power Plan will mean for Minnesota – and how we are positioned to become a national leader in meeting and exceeding its requirements.
- DNC presidential primary debates
- Oct. 13 – CNN – Nevada
- Nov. 14 – CBS/KCCI/Des Moines Register – Des Moines, IA
- Dec. 19 – ABC/WMUR – Manchester, NH
- Jan. 17 – NBC/Congressional Black Caucus Institute – Charleston, SC
- February or March – Univision/Washington Post – Miami, FL
- February or March – PBS – Wisconsin
Minnesota schools have long supply wishlists, Star Tribune
Ten Minnesota high schools make Newsweek’s top 500 list, MinnPost
Walker’s health plan hinges on rolling back benefits to lawmakers and staff, a tricky gambit, Star Tribune
GOP rivals dismiss the idea of ending birthright citizenship and wish that debate would fade, Star Tribune
Walker’s Health Plan Hinges On A Tricky Subsidy Rollback, WCCO
Feeling Sense Of ‘Urgency,’ Walker Says He’ll Get Aggressive, WCCO
The Trump moment won’t last — just check history, MinnPost
Scott Walker lets ‘handful of reasonable’ Muslims remark stand, Pioneer Press
Iran Nuclear Deal
Senate Democratic leader Reid says he’s going to support Obama’s Iran deal. Star Tribune
Rep. Rick Nolan: I support the Iran deal, Star Tribune
SEN. AMY KLOBUCHAR: Iran nuclear deal is ‘our best available option’, Grand Forks Herald
What might be next for Sen. Amy Klobuchar?, Star Tribune
Klobuchar Adds Personal Touch To Political Profile In Memoir. WCCO
Daudt backed additional $2M for legislative space upgrades in renovated Capitol, Star Tribune
DFL Chairman Blasts Daudt For Spending $2M On Capitol Furniture, WCCO
HOUSE SPEAKER KURT DAUDT GOES MARTHA STEWART AT TAXPAYERS’ EXPENSE, City Pages
St. Paul soccer stadium gets early vote next week, MPR